Timber for Minecraft 1.6.2 is a useful modification that makes wood logging faster and makes it hassle free. Timber Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2/1.5.2 and 1.5.1.
It allows you to fully and professionally chop down any type of tree(s) on the ground just by hitting the bottom block with any type of axe. It drops all the logs for you to pick up. It’s a simple and must have mod for maps such as Twilight Forest, Jungles etc. The latest version is; Timber Mod 1.6.2
Timber! makes all the logs in a tree break when you hit the bottom block of the tree with an axe of any type. You can toggle this effect to safely remove logs by holding down C while chopping logs with your axe (configurable in /.minecraft/config/mod_Timber.cfg).
Axes added by other mods will not work by default, you will have to edit the Timber! config file (see above) and add the ids for the mod axes manually. The ids for the vanilla axes and the PlasticCraft axe is included by default.
Timber Mod Video:
Timber Mod Features:
- Easy wood collection
- Works on any type of tree
- Supports Single Player (Vanilla Minecraft)
- Works with custom weapons (Set item block ID in configuration)
Download Timber Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2
For 1.6.2 – Timber! (1.6.2).zip (official mirror)
by TehKrush – Last updated 27th December, 2013
How to install Timber Mod in Minecraft
Windows Operating System
- Download and install either Modloader or Minecraft Forge.
- Download Timber Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2 from link above.
- Go to Start Menu > Type %appdata%/.minecraft and press Enter
- Go to Mods folder (if you don’t find it, create one)
- Move the mod zip file you downloaded in Step #2 to mods folder
- Run Minecraft to check mod installation.
Tips and Warnings
- Chopping big trees may cause temporary lag (FPS drops)
- It’s recommended to install Timber on fresh copy of Minecraft to avoid compatibility issues.
- Make a back-up of your Minecraft before install.