Minecraft snapshot 14w34b
Update: Snapshot 14w34b has been released to fix the following crashes:
- written_book item page text not backwards compatible with v1.7 saves
- Crash when reaching y=254
- Cannot place armor stands
- Furnace Inventory is not being updated correctly / Furnace is generally unusable
- Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking block entity
With some luck, this week may be the last week of 1.8 snapshots! We’re hoping to do a pre-release this Thursday if there are no major issues remaining in the snapshots by then. Please help us out by searching for issues on the bug tracker and voting up the ones that affect you!
- Features fixed.
- Bugs bettered.
- Optimizations overworked.
- Game grown.
- Humanity happened.
- Chat Opacity Option is not working
- “Can’t see up thru clouds” effect starting 1 block too high
- Sign / Banner darkens when displaying tooltips (tellraw hover text, inventory, Player UUID in chat)
- Item frame causing duplication when loading map (causing / caused by stack overflow)
- Tab list expands too far and is unreadable
- Rabbits sometimes have the name “entity.KillerBunny.name”
- Breaking / placing / changing blocks has a delay to disappear / appear
- Massive Visual Glitching with VBO turned off and Chunk distance over 16
- Armor stands fall down through slabs when I’m not around
- CustomNames on Spiders, Endermen and Ender Dragons are displayed incorrectly
- Furnace progress reset on left/right-click drag
- Heads On Tab Menu
- armor stand dropped down a few level on it’s own
- Sign doesn’t update with clone within tellraw sign
- clone and fill sometimes leave behind ghost tile entities
- Border of reset button in custom world option as incorrect limits
- Potion particles goes wrong
- Podzol does not change into dirt when sapling grows into tree
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Cross-platform server windows exe: