Download and install API: Minecraft Forge 1.8/1.7.10/1.7.2/1.6.4/1.5.2
What is Minecraft Forge?
Minecraft Forge is an application library for Minecraft. It is the foundation of the majority of current mods of Mincraft. Developers can customise Mincecraft based on it. With Forge, Minecraft is limitless.
Minecraft Forge is an application library for Minecraft. It is the foundation of most current Minecraft mod. The mod developers can customize the game based on it.
Minecraft 1.7.10 (Latest) – Mod system installer
Minecraft Forge Installer Installation:
This is the easiest way to add this to your game.
- Download Minecraft Foge Installer (jar) or Installer Windows (exe)
- Find the Minecraft Forge file.
- Make sure you have installed Java in your computer. Download at here.
- Open the file using a java running program.
- It will bring up a menu. Check “Install client” or “Install server” (If you want install Minecraft Foge for Server) and press “OK“. Make sure you have run Minecraft at least once.
- Go to Minecraft launcher. Pick the Forge profile and launch the game. Minecraft Forge will be active in your game.
Minecraft Forge Changelogs:
Changelog: 1.7.10 Build 1208: Add in reference to running setupDecompWorkspace to get decompiled classes bernhard.bonigl: Write the correct default value for StringList comments in the config 1.7.2 Build 1121: LexManos: Pop version for new Recomended build.
Minecraft Forge Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.7.10
For 1.8/1.8.1: Not released yet.
Tips and Warnings:
- Minecraft Forge has a built in FML (ModLoader), you don’t need to install any.
- It’s better to install MCF on a fresh copy of Minecraft.
- Majority of Forge mods install inside, <C:UsersUserIDAppDataRoaming.minecraftmods> folder.
- Do a test run before installing any mods in MCForge.
- Minecraft Forge updates very often, make sure you have latest version.