How to install Minecraft Forge for Minecraft 1.7.x and 1.8 with OS(Windows, Macos X)
Minecraft Forge is a Modding API. This API will allow you to set many different Minecraft mods. These instructions will explain how to install the most accurate Forge for Minecraft 1.7 for windows xp operating system, 7,8.1 and Macos x.
I, Install Minecraft Forge OS: MacOSX
1. Open your Minecraft Launcher
2. Go to New Profile, name it 1.7.X (Example X: 1.7.10/1.7.5/1.7.4/1.7.2)
3. In the dropdown menu for “Use version” select 1.7.X. Then, create your profile.
4. You should be back at the launcher. Go to the drop down menu, select 1.7.x, click play. Once you get to the start screen, quit your game.
5. Download the most recent Forge 1.7.x version and run that.from the Minecraft Forge downloads page.
6. Open up your Minecraft Launcher, select the “Forge” profile, then play.
Stuff for video:
Code for “Go to folder” field”: ~/Library/
II, Install Minecraft Forge OS: Windows(can be used for 7,8.1 windows, xp)
1.Download the recommended installer for 1.7 from the Minecraft Forge downloads page.
2. Open the .jar file you have just downloaded, make sure ‘Install client’ is selected and click OK. Once this has finished you will see a success message.
3. Launch Minecraft and select the Forge profile then click Play.
4. You should now see some Minecraft Forge text in the lower left hand corner and a Mods button below Multiplayer.
If so, congratulations, you have successfully installed Minecraft Forge!
Click here to find out how to add mods once Minecraft Forge has been installed.